Global fish stocks are on the decline while fish consumption is on the rise. Eating specific types of fish can help keep the world’s fish population healthy.
Using the data from the Monterey Bay Aquarium’s Seafood Watch List, Good and Always with Honor put together this info-graph to help you choose the right fish to eat depending on your location in the U.S.
Additional reading on the world’s fish supply:
- How the World’s Ocean Could be Running Out of Fish (bbc.com)
- Wild Seafood (www.seafoodwatch.org)
- Unsustainable Fishing (wwf.panda.org)
- World Stock of Fish Declining Faster than Feared (ft.com)
- State of World Fisheries and Aquaculture (SOFIA) – SOFIA 2010
- Impacts of biodiversity loss on ocean ecosystem services